Prairie Crossing Subdivision
Location: Village of Caledonia, WI
Partners: Newport Development
Services: Preliminary site feasibility and budget, value engineering, mass grading 1 million cubic yards, sanitary, water, storm sewer, basecourse, curb and gutter, asphalt, concrete paving, and restoration.
A 160 acre – 300 lot subdivision.
Site challenges included:
- Finding economical and buildable solutions to a large watershed complex that had to remain operational.
- Average haul distance of the cut on site was 2,900 lf.Requiring extensive haul road and dust control operations.
- Large pre-existing storm drainage systems required a multi-staged construction schedule.
- This is the largest conservation green spaced development ever built in Caledonia. Various prairie grasses, specifications, and open space concepts were applied.
- The timeline for the project required substantial man power and resources.